communication Data Link (cDL)
Interfacing TDMS with external hospital information systems (HIS)
- Consistent use of patient data
- Supports billing processes
- Enables treatment documentation in electronic health records
At a glance
- Designed with you in mind, for seamless Therapy Data Management System (TDMS) interconnection with an existing hospital information system (HIS).
- Efficient management of patient and treatment data starts with the correct information being available in the right place at the right time.
- The primary function of cDL is to facilitate and process bidirectional communications between the Therapy Manager and the HIS, ensuring quality and efficiency.
- Developed exclusively for application in a medical environment, no additional set-up programming is required.
Advantages for administrators
Fresenius Medical Care middleware provides a number of advantages for clerical staff
- Resource optimization
- Data protection
- Product simplicity
Advantages for clinical staff
Improving the experience of patients and clinical staff alike
- Optimized treatment
- Optimized patient safety
- Optimized patient care
|Resource optimization||Reduces administration by eliminating the need for data to be stored in multiple databases.|
|Data protection||Data stored only in secure TDMS database and HIS.|
|Transparency||Relevant data is available to all users at their respective interfaces.|
|Flexibility||Uses standard HIS protocols, but can be configured to comply with local systems.|
|Product simplicity||Minimal maintenance and no custom installation required.|
|Optimized treatment||Improved availability of comprehensive patient data and just-in-time lab results.|
|Optimized patient safety||Eliminates mistakes arising from manual data input.|
|Optimized patient care||Reduced administration allows more time for patient care.|