LIGASORB® is a selective single-use, multiple-pass IgG adsorber for intervening in the acute exacerbation of autoimmune diseases1.
LIGASORB® offers flexible therapy schemes for acute episodes of antibody driven diseases.
LIGASORB® offers full flexibility where therapy schemes only require a few treatment sessions, as is the case in acute episodes of the following antibody driven diseases:
LIGASORB® is the first Fresenius Medical Care adsorber that can be regenerated during ongoing therapy (multiple-pass) but disposed of after one treatment session (single-use).
In contrast to therapeutic plasma exchange, only a small amount of other essential plasma components (such as albumin) are removed during immunoadsorption.
Due to its highly selective protein A ligand and regeneration capabilities, LIGASORB® is able to process up to six litres of plasma and remove up to 20 grams of IgG in a single treatment session.
The total IgG reduction after three treatment sessions is 86% (mean value)7.
1. Instructions for use (IFU) LIGASORB®, Art. no. F00001564, 35840318 / 3 - 04/2016.
2. Köhler et al, Journal of Clinical Apheresis Dec. 2011; 26(6): 347–55.
3. Seta et al, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery Oct. 2005; 107(6): 491–6.
4. Heigel et al, Atherosclerosis Supplements Jan. 2013; 14(1): 167–73.
5. Collongues et al, Therapeutic Advances in Neurological Disorders Mar. 2011; 4(2).
6. Kasperkiewicz et al, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Nov. 2014; 71(5): 1018–20.
7. Internal data (unpublished), LIGASORB Clinical Evaluation report, 2015 Fresenius Medical Care.
8. Internal data (unpublished), Study Report, 27 March 2015, Fresenius Medical Care.
9. Alarabi et al, Artificial Organs Sep. 1993; 7(9): 782–6.