In addition to caring for patients with chronic kidney disease, Fresenius Medical Care provides related specialist expertise in therapeutic apheresis as well as the products required for this treatment. The main focus here is on desensitisation programmes for solid organ transplantation and the treatment of autoimmune diseases.
1. Böhmig et al, Immunoadsorption in severe C4d-positive acute kidney allograft rejection: A randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Transplantation Jan. 2007; 7(1): 117–21.
2. Schwaiger et al, Deceased donor kidney transplantation across donor-specific antibody barriers: Predictors of antibody-mediated rejection. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Aug. 2016; 31(8): 1342–51.
3. Morath et al, Living donor kidney transplantation in crossmatch-positive patients enabled by peritransplant immunoadsorption and anti-CD20 therapy. Transplant International May 2012; 25(5): 506–17.
4. Bartel et al, Peritransplant immunoadsorption for positive crossmatch deceased donor kidney transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation Sep. 2010; 10(9): 2033–42.
5. Thölking et al, Antigen-specific versus non-antigen-specific immunoadsorption in ABO-incompatible renal transplantation. Public Library of Science 29 June 2015; 10(6).
6. Eskandary et al, ABO antibody and complement depletion by immunoadsorption combined with membrane filtration—a randomized, controlled, cross-over trial. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Mar. 2014; 29(3): 706–14.
7. Biesenbach et al, Effect of combined treatment with immunoadsorption and membrane filtration on plasma coagulation: Results of a randomized controlled crossover study. Journal of Clinical Apheresis Feb. 2016; 31(1): 29–37.
8. Stummvoll et al, Lupus nephritis: Prolonged immunoadsorption (IAS) reduces proteinuria and stabilizes global disease activity. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Feb. 2012; 27(2): 618–26.
9. Sandip Mitra. Phase II trial investigating the safety and feasibility of Peptide GAM Immunoadsorption in anti-PLA2R positive autoimmune membranous nephropathy. Health Research Authority, Research Summary: Aug. 2016; IRAS ID: 198481.
10. Biesenbach et al, Long-term outcome of anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody disease treated with immunoadsorption. Public Library of Science 31 Jul. 2014; 9(7): e103568.
11. Dantal et al, Effect of plasma protein adsorption on protein excretion in kidney-transplant recipients with recurrent nephrotic syndrome. New England Journal of Medicine 6 Jan. 1994; 330(1): 7–14.
12. Moriconi et al, Proteinuria in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis: Role of circulating factors and therapeutic approach. Renal Failure May–Jul. 2001; 23(3–4): 533–41.
13. Meyer et al, Immunoadsorbtion and rituximab therapy in a second living-related kidney transplant patient with recurrent focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Transplant International Dec. 2007; 20(12): 1066–71.